This event is the Philippine celebration of the International Dance Day and in accordance with Presidential Proclamation No. 154, declaring the last week of April as the “National Dance Week”. Dance Xchange is also one of the banner projects of the Philippines which is done in partnership with local government units in the country.
The dance workshop venue is at Don Ynocencio A. Del Rosario National High School Gymnasium, Dayao, Roxas City.
The Dance Xchange aims to:
1) enhance knowledge and skills of the dancers, dance teachers and choreographers on dances of the different countries as creative expression of their culture,
2) strengthen network among dance groups from the different countries,
3) showcase the unique dances of each country to enhance cultural understanding,
4) provide venue for exchange of ideas and inspiration which will stimulate the creation of new works;
5) provide a platform for discussion on the global trends in dance education and of dance as tool for global connectedness and
6) provide skills enhancement for events and festival management.
The event will have activities such as artists’ forum, dance workshops to be conducted by dance directors from participating countries for teachers, festival of dance performances, outreach performances, and cultural tour.
The NCCA is inviting MAPEH teachers and supervisors, Physical Education instructors, teachers of the Special Program for the Arts and the Arts and Design Track, dance trainers, cultural officers of the schools, culture and tourism officers of local government units and events and festival managers and enthusiasts. Come and join the summer fun at Dance Xchange.